Tuesday 23 September 2014

One Night in Paris.

This past weekend was pretty amazing, but let me first start off with my adventure this morning.

I woke up as usual, drove Leo to school, as usual, and started making my breakfast. As I was finishing cooking my delicious breakfast eggs, I went to place the dirty dishes in the sink. To my horror I found THIS:


If anyone knows me, or has experienced my reactions when spiders appear, I freak out. I have a pretty severe arachnophobia. And to find such a huge one so close in proximity!!! Well for the rest of the day I avoided the kitchen. I sat in my room, until I had to leave for my french class, with the door closed (you never know, it might makes it was upstairs, and into my room... the closed door will stop him). 

Anyways, Let's move this picture a little further up so I don't have to see it anymore. 








Ok... better. This is France not Australia... 

So this weekend I spent my free time in beautiful Paris. 

On the Friday night I headed out with the family. My host mom bought us tickets for a play. Or as I will later find out... a one man show. It was pretty cool though. I understood some things! I'd do a little happy dance in my head every time I heard a phrase I would understand it. And then linger on it, repeating it to myself to make sure I can later incorporate it in my everyday french interactions. 


Contrary to what some believed would happen, no I did not fall asleep. 

The next day I..... WENT SHOPPING. It was exhilarating. I sent many snapchats. I was very excited. And I bought 2 bags of stuff, shoes and a coat included. That is it. No more shopping... (lol #jks). 

I then went to meet a friend in Paris to go exploring. We mostly walked around as we didn't have much time to actually visit a place. It was still quit a lot of fun. I changed my pants in a Mcdonalds bathroom (I started off wearing jeans... bad idea). 




I then met up another friend with whom I went to a place called "Frog" for drinks and food. And then got wine and champagne (for 8 euros all together!!), to well... be classy and stuff. 


I lied and said I could open corked bottles... I tried... I couldn't. But we did manage to open it together. 



The Eiffel Tower is beautiful at night! 

We had a pretty awesome time at a bar called "Cafe Oz". And for some crazy reason I decided to get Jagger bombs.. Like WTF. I hate Redbull. I don't know what happened in my mind there. I then got frustrated at a waitress for not understand my awesome french when I was asking for "un l'eau! - [a the water]". We then ran into some interesting Parisian men.... or pigs I should call them. Guys in Canada will cat call, yell shit at you, but will NEVER touch you. But Paris is a completely different story. They will grab you, if you give them the chance. It can get a little scary. 

The next day we woke up with a pretty awesome sauce hangover. Thanks to 4 euro wine and champagne. We headed over to Chipotle (cause we're cool as shit) for a breakfast burrito, which was so worth the long detour/walk. 


Later I met up with another friend to explore some more of Paris. We saw many tombs of famous people that day... including 3 Napoleons. Yes.. 3. I did not know that there were three, but now I do. 





Finished the day by sitting by the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment