Wednesday 3 September 2014

360 blisters and unfortunate selfies

I had the day off today, so I decided to do some exploring in Fontainebleau. It is a larger city close to where I am living. According to many of the locals (and the tourism center place) this is a big place for many English people to hang out due to a bilingual schools thats there (or something like that). I personally didn't hear much English. I heard some Russian though...

The drive up to Fontainebleau was very nice, but then I see that huge 3 lane roundabout and I get butterflies in my stomach... I am a bit nervous. I just hope I don't have to stop in case I stall in panic. However, all went smoothly (I should give myself a bit more credit/faith in driving, turns out I am actually not that bad). Unfortunately I got off at the wrong roundabout exit and ended up in the heart of the city in the manual car. Which again went very smoothly and I finally reached the parking area I wanted to.
A beautiful parking job, if I do say so myself.

My first stop was the castle and the castle gardens.



I asked these two girls to take a picture of me at the top, only to later find out that she took pictures of me going up and down the stairs as well... so now I have 2 pictures at the top.. and like 6 of me running and up down. Maybe she didn't understand my french, or maybe she wanted to capture some candid shots for me.


Crazy face I was referring to in the previous blogpost. For your future reference/ if you want to copy: big smile (preferably that is unnatural and hurts your cheeks), eyebrows lifted or just one eyebrow lifted (be aware if one eyebrow is lifted then it looks like you are judging people), eyes wide, to go with the eyebrows - this should come naturally. 




Are these trout? I am not sure. But they were huge, swimming in the green, murky water in front of the castle. 



Did you know that in France a coffee with milk is not just simply "cafe au lait". Its specifically called "Nosette" (or something like that). But their cups here are so tiny! Where is my Venti White Chocolate Mocha??? I think I am too poor for Europian Starbucks, considering I am poor for Canada Starbucks, but screw it I feel special cause I have a gold member card. 


I visited an English book store, that was over priced, and had a deceiving name. When they say "English" book store, they mean all the books and authors that are British, so I didn't really find anything. 


I took an interestingly sketchy path to cross the road, because there was no roundabout sidewalk for humans. It was either take this path, or risk getting hit by a car. 

I had also stopped by a bakery that everyone kept raving on about on the Fontainebleau touristy websites. It was quite delicious, and lovely. I'll probably go back there again... clearly so I can keep a slim figure. 

I took about 5 hours of exploring (and about 2.5 of those hours wandering around in circles cause I kept getting lost - great sense of direction, I know). My feet were killing me, and turns out they were bleeding and just quite lovely overall (but they looked so cute!). I blame the cobblestones, they hurt my feet so much! Those crooked, convex-ed stones with little holes in between the stones! At the end, with every step I took, I had to try to keep a straight face... don't show the pain Ana. I am pretty sure I looked like a weirdo too, trying to just over some larger cobblestones, and avoiding them all together sometimes (which resulted in walking on the tiny cobblestone-less areas of the sidewalk). 


No comments:

Post a Comment