Monday 8 September 2014

Mon Paris

I am so good at driving standard now, I may as well be in one of those "please do not attempt, professional driver" commercials. Hey BMW or Mercedes, if you're looking for a driver, call me up. 

I have finally made it into Paris. It is definitely a very nice, Europian type of city. But I cannot say that I wish I lived there. For me it's like Toronto, I am fine with visiting the big city, but I am glad I do not live there. 




The first day I visited was with my host mom and the youngest girl, Leo. We sat in traffic for a lot of the time, but it was still such a wonderful trip. I am very glad I do not drive in Paris. I am too much of a “Canadian” driver to survive there (i.e I’d let people pass, wait for people to let me in). Also road lines do not exist in Paris, even if they do, no one follows them. And pedestrians everywhere! It’s like “I am human, cars can’t hurt me”… seriously bud??!


Leo and I catching bubbles.

You cannot go to Paris and not take a photo with the Eiffel Tower


The second day I went back to Paris by myself. I survived the train ride and metro. I think of this as a great accomplishment. I attended an au pair picnic where I met lots of Canadians. Clearly my French skills will only improve if I hang out with lots of people from my own country (and their not from Quebec). It was so refreshing to meet people though! And some great people as well. I then went exploring with some of the girls I met.




I do not care how cheesy this is, I am so doing this. 


On another note, I know Paris is expensive and all, but 20 euros for a burger and fries…. That’s just excessive. Looks like when I go to Paris I better bring some food with me, because on my salary, I won’t be eating out very often.


Back to Paris tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment