Monday 30 June 2014

Stay High (Tove Lo)

At this moment, yes, right this minute, I am leaving Ottawa. I am on my way to Toronto, so I can spend 6 hours there until I get to bus it home. 

These past couple of days have been amazing. Each day we did something different, but yet the same, but it was all so much fun. I haven't laughed this hard until I cried, I haven't shared my soul so truthfully to feel better, and I haven't felt so welcomed as if I am part of the family. 




Some background:

My friend Kristina and I have been friends for quite sometime. I've known her since my first couple of years in Canada, through our Russian ballet school in Toronto. Ballet was the place I went to escape my reality. This was the place that I had friends, that I felt welcome, that I felt like people actually accepted me there. Elementary school wasn't necessarily the easiest time for me. When I went to ballet I felt like I could be myself, I could escape from trying to pretend to be this other person so I could have friends, so I could fit in. 

Every minute I spent during this trip I felt this wonderful feeling that I cannot explain. I could be myself. Not that I am not myself all the time [now], but I could be more free, unleash the "real" me, to a full 100%. 

I cannot wait to see this wonderful family again. 

[To explain the number of pictures of me:] 
[we took about 500 throughout the entire weekend, not all of me of course]

I was a "model" for a day. Kristina is a photographer, she loves taking pictures. I think she really has a talent, all pictures no matter how what face I made, turned out beautiful. 

This one has to be one of my favourites! 




We went out of drinks. 

Canada Day is coming up soon! 
So depending on when you are reading this, Happy Canada Day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment