Monday 2 June 2014

Childhood fears of the dentist

Today I was supposed to go to the dentist to remove one wisdom tooth. 
This is me preparing for the battle:


I have a very huge fear of dentists. I get really nervous knowing something more major than a cleaning will happen. I am not sure why. I've never had any bad experiences. I just really hate the sound of the drill, and people looking into my mouth. 

Anyways, so I go to the dentist, I wait 3 hours... yeah I am not kidding, 3 hours. Only to enter the dentist's office, sit in the seat, and leave. Yup. I did not get my wisdom teeth removed. Why? Because the surgeon said there was no point just yet. I have grad coming up next week, they are not bothering me, and insurance cannot cover all four. He says I should wait till next year. 3 hours for that... 

Oh but something interesting did happen. When entering the dentists office two guys stood outside smoking, one decides to ask me "how are you doing" in a creepy, kind of way. Now let me paint you a picture, these guys had muscle shirts on, underwear showing, and a lot of "bros" and "yo". Then they happen to walk in right behind me.... great. We wait there together for 3 hours. They then start asking me things like how old I am (they were 23/22... apparently, they looked and acted about 17), whether I am Russian, my name, little things. 

Anyways after I am finished my chat with the surgeon, I walk out to meet the two again - Aaron and Sean. One, Aaron, happens to hand me an appointment card. Instead of an appointment he has his name and last name written on it. At the same time he says "Add me on Facebook". 

Well that was interesting. 

At least I still have all my teeth, for a year for sure. 
Be proud of your smile, no matter how crooked your teeth are, how many teeth you are missing, the space you have between your teeth, every smile is beautiful! 



No comments:

Post a Comment