Sunday 21 December 2014

Sick with a full house

My last couple days in France were a complete bust..
The weekend I spent in Paris (obviously), but then starting Sunday night I wasn't feeling very good, and so commenced by 2 days of fever and a week of sickness. Which means I spent Monday-Wednesday in bed-rest as I literally could not move anywhere with the high fever and headaches I was experiencing. I was kind of dreading my 8-hour flight on Thursday afternoon back into Canada, as I really did not know how I'd survive. Luckily my fever went away, but everything else was full-blown sickness action. 

I survived. But the plane ride was not fun. I couldn't sleep at all because it just was not the time for sleep, and planes are pretty uncomfortable when you're in economy class (I hear first class is different, but unfortunately I don't shit money). 

So I've already spent 4 days at home. I must say it is so lovely to be surrounded by your own family. No need to worry about much, and I am always surrounded by animals! My parents now have 4 dogs... when will they stop?? I thought 5 cats was bad enough. Perhaps that's their maximum, always stop at 5. Wait no, we have 9 horses.. Oh god, I would not survive with 9 dogs, 9 cats on the otherhand... think of all the purring!! It would be cat heaven for me. Anyways, needless to say, I was very excited to see my puppies! 

But that's all I've really done at home. Home life is kind of boring. There's no Paris, or Eiffel Tower, or car at my dispense. We did get to go to a Christmas orchestra recital today, which was pretty fun. But in a couple of days time I'll be busy with Toronto stuff. 

Also my parents and I happened to get into a conversation I really did not want to have. I had to break them the bad news that's been haunting me, but they were actually very supportive! Like very supportive! I did not feel like such a failure after having talked with them. I am so glad they brought it up, especially after I was so scared in mentioning anything and have been completely avoiding "future" talks. 

Anyways my internet is acting up so I hope this post actually posts. I hate it when I write a full post, press the publish button, and have everything disappear and never publish... It's kind of heart-breaking when I've written such a heartfelt piece and everything disappears into cyber space and I've got to try and remember what I wrote to rewrite everything. 

I'm tired. I've been waking up at 4am for the days I've been here. Damn jetlag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment