Thursday 11 December 2014

One week to go... and the heat is finally back!

Until I am home!! How exciting. 

I am extremely grateful for my time here in France. I have a wonderful host family, I have great people to spend the time with, and I can eat all the cheese I want (cheap wine is also a plus, but I don't want to look like an alcoholic)!!! 

This week has been an up and down week. Our water tank thing broke so we had no heat for 4 days and no hot water for 3. Turns out the cold makes me kind of cranky. It's really not fun. I'm already what you call a cold-blooded human (and please don't pull the "but you're Russian" crap... Something happened and all the "cold-immunity" genes just cancelled out in me OK! I am cold all the time. The only time I am not cold is when it is MORE than 25 degrees... yes sometimes when it is 20 degrees I wear a light sweater... deal with it). 

Then on my day off I figured I'd go to Paris (as I want to get as much Paris in this week as I can), only to return home after 30 minutes of being there, because no one was available to let the plumber in. 

So I've had to be at the house for pretty much the entire week because first it was the roof guy on Monday, then it was the plumber from Tuesday-Thursday, which kind of suck for my last full week in France, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do. And really I'd rather spend 4 days at the house, then another 4 days with no heat just because I'm too selfish to stay home to open the door for the plumber. Also the family is just so nice, that I wouldn't want to do that to them either. 

I've got 2 full days of work left! I babysit tomrrow and I've got the kiddos on Monday, and Tuesday morning! How crazy is this?? The time went by so quickly. But I bet my time back home will go by even faster, and before I know it I'll be back writing about kids, france, and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment