Monday 2 March 2015

Hey I’ll fix the Internet for you!

Not! Wtf man… we waited a week and a half for a guy from the company to come in, look at the damn thing for 20 minutes only to come to the conclusion he can’t fix it… well buddy, looks like I can do your job too… how much do they pay you to tell people you can’t do anything?

Anyways, still internet-less, but at least the neighbours are so lovely to let me use theirs. However, being the person that I am I don’t want to bother them on a daily basis… so sometimes I just stand in front of their house with my cell phone (probably looking likes a freakishly suspicious weirdo…) trying to get some internet access to let my family and boyfriend know I am still alive…

So this past weekend I took a long road trip to Metz (north of France; right next to Luxembourg). It was about a 4-hour drive through villages and rivers (so a much nicer drive than on the straight, boring highways of Ontario). It was lovely to see a friendly and familiar face here in France (and have a person to share some of the conflicts that I may have run in to – i.e the constant staring from French people whether you are a weird looking human or not… nobody discreetly stares… they just do and you know it, and even if you stare back right into the eyes, they don’t care, they’ll continue staring…). We decided to go to the Vosges mountains to try/ learn snowboarding. While on my first try I was a bit nervous and scared, I seemed to have gotten the hang of it by the end. And interestingly enough, I think I prefer it to skiing… I mean it’s just so much easier! 




The trip was quite entertaining as well, we happened to lose gas on the way up the mountain at which point we had to neutral it back down to the village to the first (and most likely, only) gas station. For the most part of the weekend we ate, drank, and caught up on lives in France, which was just so nice and relaxing compared to the energetic environment am I almost always surrounded by at my host families house.


Anyways that is all for now, I should probably leave the neighbours house… who knows how long the Internet will be out… I don’t want to overstay my welcome/ get on their nerves with my constant coming over. Back to the front yard I go… kidding… kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment