Thursday 19 March 2015

Cause you’re hot then you’re cold… wait no you’re mostly cold

The secret is out! I get cold… like all the time. No matter where I am, I am cold. I am that person who brings a sweater in 20-degree weather “just in case”… and uses it. And you can remind me as everyone else does “but you are Russian” and “don’t you live in Canada”, well Sir or Madame, thank you for pointing this out, but clearly the Russian genes got cancelled out in my DNA and I have to hibernate during the cold months (which in Canada is about 6 months).  As my new LA friend pointed out (yes I now have friends from LA…. I’m cool like that), I should just move to California; I’d survive better in that weather. I’ve apparently got the attitude down.

Today I had one of the best meals since coming to France. Best Part Number 1: it was free. BP#2: I got to enjoy it with friends. BP#3: event was made for us, around us, and pretty much we were the center of attention.
“How”, you might say, “do you land such an opportunity?”
Well when you’re sexy like us… just kidding. It’s mostly because (and I’ve mentioned this before) I have an awesome host family. My host mom is a teacher for apprentices, waiters included. So this was kind of like a mock test for the students. We had to evaluate them on their oral english throughout our meal. It was so cute how nervous the 3 students were! All I wanted to do was help them out when they struggled or stumbled over words. It was a really wonderful experience and I am so grateful to my host mom for inviting me to such an affair.

The one and only photo I took of the food. It was all just outstanding, Presentation and taste. 


Now is the time of picnics and Parisian-garden-exploring, which I just love (even though the weather isn’t up to “Stasi standards”)! My mission is to try and actually make something home-made for our next girly picnic coming up.  Clearly this blog is food and weather related. But I am sure more wine-related blogs will soon follow.

A second thing I should mention is that I really do love meeting new people and learning so many new things from them! Whether it’s museums, culture, advice, you get the picture. It really shows you how you can’t be that person who only wants one friend, your life can get pretty sad that way, you’d just never venture out of your little bubble.

So if you are that person, ad-venture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment