Sunday 5 October 2014

Reliving the good ol' days

And by that I mean going out on a weeknight. Yes yes, in university almost every day was a drinking day, but your energy kind of dwindles down when you are working with kids on a daily basis.

So I had my usual Tuesday French lesson. These are going well. Fairly simple. I feel like I have learned more from Duolingo than these 3 french lessons I've already had. But it is really nice to practice conversational french in the class. 

Oh and I've had another encounter with my mortal enemy: the giant hairy, dozen eyed, monstrosity that is la grosse araignée. For god sakes, are these people farming them??? As I was just peacefully enjoying my day in the kitchen, eating my breakfast, the damn thing has the nerve to run across the living room and hide under the couch! Face me you beast! No wait, don't face me, cause I will run away like scared little child. 

So back to my story:

After my class my host mom drove me to the train station and I made my way into the city of lights, or the city that doesn't really smell very nice as I have now noticed. 

I met up with a friend, we got wine, and got our class on. We had some plans that had fallen through so we made some even better plans to hang out with another friend, drink more wine, and hang out by the river. Really now, doesn't that just sound like the best night in Paris? And we didn't get harassed by scary Parisian men this time! It's just a win, win situation. 

The next day we woke up at the crack of dawn, or what the time it feels like when you've had 2 bottles of wine the previous night. We went to the market where my friend grabbed stuff for her host family, we enjoyed some delicious crepes, and some kind of ethnic things that looked like samosas. All of which was delicious. 

I then headed over to meet another friend at the Opera. It was really interesting. Seeing the stage though made me miss performing so much. Just let me get on a stage for at least a minute so I could feel what it is like to have the lights on you, to get lost in the music, and to smile to no one in particular while having an amazing time. 

Then of course we got food and coffee while enjoying a beautiful view of Paris of a top some cool looking mall. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow the pictures look stunning! And I'm sure you'll get back to being on stage soon! Maybe one day that opera house? ;)

    ReplyDelete