Tuesday 7 October 2014

Castle Walls

Living behind these castle walls isn't as empty as Christina and TI say it is. It is actually pretty amazing.

This weekend I got to go on a surprise vacation with the family. Now they didn't spring the vacation on me from out of no where [that wasn't the surprise]. I knew that we were going somewhere, I just didn't know exactly where... and no one was willing  to tell me.

So on Saturday morning we had packed up our stuff and set off for.... somewhere. Our first stop was at a site where an organization is rebuilding a Medieval Castle. They try to use [most] historic methods for building, and similar materials. There were booths showing off how certain materials are forged (i.e metal, string, stone carving, etc). You could also, obviously, check out the castle itself. While it wasn't built completely, it was still quite a site to see.

Castle is still in the building process. They hope to finish by 2025 or something like that.


This staircase reminds me of the LOTR scene where Legolas slides down the staircase all badass. 


We then went to a quarry. I have never been, and I just found it fascinating (even if it was freezing cold). I am too lazy get copy all the pictures that my host mom took, so instead you'll have to suffer through crappy iPhone picture quality. 


The girls putting on a show


Lastly we went to our hotel. Which wasn't in fact a hotel, but a freakin castle! With a mote and everything! It's a castle that's from the 13th century (I think), and has passed down through the family. They have remade it into a bed and breakfast. Although we also had a delicious dinner there as well. It was magical. I want to go back. Heck, I want to live there. 




Yeah... magical. 

We came back pretty early on the Sunday so I headed off to meet some friends in a near-by city. There was a market on where I bought some cool stuff. And then we walked through a forest. All I could think about was how amazing it was to experience a real autumn here. I loved it so much. Autumn is definitely my favourite season, it just makes me so happy. 







1 comment:

  1. Nice Castle!!! Where is it located? A name perhaps? :) a link? :))) Looking good btw!

    ReplyDelete