Monday 20 October 2014

It's a roller coaster ride.

This weekend I had my birthday celebrations in Paris.

It pretty much went down like this: 





In other words it was awesome. It did however take about 2 hours to get back home, because the night bus is so difficult to understand/ catch in Paris. But after falling asleep on 2 transportation vehicles and 2 bus stops, we made it home safe, at 6am. The next day we found all you can eat sushi in Paris, which is surprising because they don't really have that here... and they still don't. It was just a buffet, with a lot of other Asian foods, and 4 trays of sushi and rolls: salmon, California rolls, some cream cheese and salmon roll, and avocado and salmon roll (nothing like the diversity you get in Canada's all you can eat).

My first week of looking after the girls every single day, all day, has begun. It is actually going really well, but it is exhausting, just because it's kids I am working with. It is also really unpredictable and obscure hours so I pretty much end up looking after the girls the entire day. But it I actually like spending this time with them. I feel like we will get closer over this time. And today they told me my french is improving and that I speak very well. I will need to find new ways to keep them entertained for the days to come, and finally become super au pair (that is my goal in this job).

I also got this Friday off so yay! Need to make some big plans. Hopefully to catch up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment