Monday 12 May 2014

Great opportunities arise if you put yourself out there

This week was pretty amazing. I got to go to an evolution, ecology conference. This was my first conference ever and let me tell you - best experience ever!

The first day I arrived (Thursday) I got my registration folder which contained the schedule, lunch voucher, parking pass... and [best part] a $10 gift card to indigo! Books.. yes please. I've been wanting to buy a North American bird/ amphibian guide (yes nerdy.. whatever) and now I can!
The first day was a bit awkward for the first 30 minutes, because I did not anyone there, and I was actually forced to make friends and talk to humans (preposterous!). I met some great people on the first day that I ended up hanging with for the rest of the weekend.

The rest of the weekend it was all about lectures, my presentation, and a lot of really good food. I met some really interesting researchers and professors. Additionally, I got informed of a Masters project I could get involved in (yay networking).

I don't have that many photos of the actual conference; instead I have selfies. I also made a video for some peoples entertainment, that I hope to put up pretty soon (my internet sucks).

The first picture I took after arriving. Took me a while to find parking.

Poster day!

Movie day with my friend after the last day of the conference. We went to see "The other woman" and it was hilarious! Most definitely recommend. 


Best driving songs: 
Problem - Ariana Grande
Rude - Magic! (I have listened to it 8 times so far.. today only, it may as well stay on repeat)
Lalala - Naughty Boy


No comments:

Post a Comment