Tuesday 27 May 2014

Love at first sight (Cuba Part 2)

"It is very hard for Cubans to go to Canada. We could get a work visa, but the based way to immigrate into Canada would be through marriage. But you know I want to find love. Like love at first sight. Forgive me for saying this but you are beautiful. And you have such a nice body. You know I am a personal trainer so I like girls with nice bodies. Now don't be mad at me, but you have very nice legs, just very nice legs. So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes"

"Well next time you come, divorce your boyfriend and come back to Cuba"

And that was my conversation with the Pilates guy. This is the paraphrased version, considering we talked for a little over an hour. It only started to get this personal [and uncomfortable] closer to the end... then I left.

But you know which Cuban boy I did really like? Our server. He was the sweetest guy! And he was just so cute. We had some nice moments together... mostly of me being a complete idiot. Also it was really funny because he could hardly speak any English, and well, the only Spanish words I know are: "Ola" and "Gracias". During our last dinner in Cuba, he served us one last time. We then said goodbye, I told him about France, and he said that next time I come he'll learn some French for me. Who knows maybe I will see him again, but he really was just the nicest person.

He handed me a souvenir before I left. It is a little notepad that has a picture of a sunset on the front, but it is the back of it that is the most special. 

I made a good friend in Cuba. Her name is Anna, Russian, from Montreal. Hopefully I'll be visiting her this summer. I spent most of the vacation with her. 

We also met some other met other Russians as well (wait no technically they were Ukrainians), and they were a pain in the ass, not just for us, but for any worker on the resort. Oh those poor Cubans. "The Ukrainians" - this was their nickname around the resort, it was a mom, her two daughters, and one grand-daughter - had a complain almost every hour of the day, and every day they met with a manager to voice their complaint, and every day we heard them rant about their problems. These people were so loud in general, but when they complain they get even louder. By about half way through their stay, the entire resort knew them as the "loud Ukranians". Now it is different if you complain about big problems, but they complained about things like - mosquitoes, the weather, not getting in the full buffet at the time that they want to (god forbid they miss a minute of the 8:30 show). Yeah stupid things like that. It was ridiculous. Anyways enough about that. 

My mom and I had a wonderful stay! I want to go back so badly. Hopefully soon... you know, after France. 

My mama and I in the ocean

This was during one of the "club" nights. The guy next to me was one of the entertainers (the best entertainers) at the resort. The blonde next to him is Anna, and the girl next to her is a girl we met from Argentina. 

If only I could go back <3

One more blog post about Cuba to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment