Sunday 9 March 2014

Relax, take it easy.

Hmm free Starbucks samples. That and free WiFi. The perks of sitting in Starbucks and sipping on heavily overpriced lattes.

Last week was incredibly stressful for me. All day, everyday, I was writing my thesis rough draft. Even though it was a rough draft I still preferred to have as much of it done as I could. Well it was rough. One day my professor says "Give me what you have, don't stress too much". Then on the day it is due, he comes into the office, where it is just me, my thoughts and my thesis and says "I hope your writing is wonderful". Wait.... what?! Yesterday you say one thing and today you want it to be close to perfect?! Well he got what I could do. Whatever.

Right after handing in my thesis I headed off to work. Until 3 am I was staring down drunk people and checking IDs. Coming home, sleeping in until 11am and then heading out to volunteer. **A message to undergraduates in university/college in really any program: volunteer! Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer! Don't be shy to email professors, PhD students, Masters or even your fellow Undergraduates. I did not realize how many people need volunteers until I was surrounded by all these PhD and Masters students who were struggling to find people** Later that night I worked again (money is very helpful in this world). This time it was a Special Event, an Arts and Science Undergraduate Formal. Ladies looked beautiful, men looked handsome. It was a sight to see. Me and my other coworkers would entertain ourselves by pointing out our favourite dresses, some beauty no-nos and of course drunk people (but this was secondary to the fashion of course). I happened to end early (1:30 am) and headed down to join my friends at a pub, made my two guy friends walk me home and safely went to bed. This morning I set up for a Photo Contest that my Conservation Club is hosting which was so lovely. Looking at the pictures made me miss summer so much! I can't wait for all this snow to finally melt away, for the days to grow longer and for the dresses to emerge.

It's cold ok. 

Just a quick flashback to last weekend. A good friend of mine came to town and we had such a wonderful time going to clubs, having lunch and catching up. I pretty much just wanted to put this in because I think the pictures are cute.

We got matching rings because we're high school like that. 

And we're just adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment