Tuesday 25 March 2014

Deadline approaches.

I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. So much for posting at least once a week. But! I havent been to Starbucks to write (it was a blogging atmosphere), I have had lots of work....
a lot of thesis work...

Like I wasn't getting out of the house because I had so much work...

So clearly I wasn't able to blog. 

St. Paddies day was my only day off, I swear.

It really was! The week before I was working on thesis drafts and of course the poster. Everything caused me so much stress, it was overwhelming, ending in a mental breakdown in lab on Sunday afternoon. I'm an emotional person but I have never had a mental breakdown, especially due to stress. But I got over it, got everything done, woke up 6am on St. Patricks Day to get the poster printed (for $50!!), went to work, and then, finally, went out to play.

All the hard work really paid off
Although it really sucks that I didn't win the poster award. Turns out Biology is all about politics and who you know, which pisses me off. 
Sadly, real life isn't any better.

Now I have to finish writing the thesis, final copy. It is due in less than a week now; hopefully I can get it done with no mental breakdowns. 

If anything I have this girl to keep me company:


No comments:

Post a Comment