Sunday 20 April 2014

Un jour ou l'autre/ Христос Bоскрес

My goodness I am lazy. I haven't really been writing because there hasn't been much to say. This past Tuesday I moved back home. I will be here for almost 3 months. I must say it is exhausting, my little sister definitely keeps me busy, which helps in the procrastination department. However at times it can be so boring, I find myself continuously searching for things to do. I do have many things to do like work on my thesis.. Yes, yes, I've handed everything in but not really. I've handed in my final corrections to my professor so hopefully everything gets approved. Then I'd like to work on publication. Oh and don't forget the conference that I am going to in less than 2 weeks (which I am not ready for... I've got to redo my poster...)!

I must say my last couple of days in Kingston were pretty fantastic:

I had a "Last Year" party at my place that was creatively named: 
KANYE'S MILEY TWERK #YOLO GENERATION HASHTAG #PARTY SHOTZMAGEDDON #SWAG
Before that we went to the campus pub... which wasn't a good idea for me

Then later the next day I went herping (from the word herpetology - the study of amphibians and reptiles, but yes yes, we can laugh at how it sounds like I went looking for herpes). We found wood frogs, many salamanders, peepers and I finally got to hear the first frog chorus of the year! Fantastic feeling. 

Home isn't that bad though. There is so much nature where I live.. given I live in the middle of no-where in a forest. I caught a leopard female frog today (Lithobates pipiens), saw a ribbon snake (Thamnophis sauritus) which is really cool because they are quite rare, and, lastly, I got spooked by a Ruffed grouse (Bonasa umbellus).

I visited our horses today. This is the new addition to the family, a cute little foal. He really likes to jump on you (like a dog) which is terrifying because it looks like he will hit you right in the face with his hoofs. 

This was my lovely easter breakfast. So perfect, so peaceful. 

Well happy easter everyone! Now that I am not doing much I'll probably be writing more, but then again what will I be writing about if I have nothing to do... #firstworldproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment