Wednesday 4 December 2013

Patience is a virtue

If anyone out there would like to be a researcher, the thing you should know: there is no place to be shy. You must always be prepared to talk with you co-researchers, interested colleagues, supervisor, potential networks and of course the public. Just 2 weeks ago I had to present my research, so far, to a class of fellow undergraduate students, graduate students, committee members and supervisor (who actually wasn't able to show). I practiced the ENTIRE week; this is no exaggeration people. I was in a room with a projector every single day that week, including the Friday of my presentation day, just practising. I harassed my friends and lab members to come and listen to me several times to make sure my presentation was perfect. In the end I think it went really well! I was happy with the final presentation and I nailed the question period.

After the seminar I was fini for the year. I had a week to sit and wait until I get to go on a plane and visit my boyfriend for 3 weeks in Alberta, Canada. Now I did do work for that week, research never rests. I also had several performances to part take in:

Ballerina living her dream, doing a piece from the Nutcracker

Singing my heart out. If you'd like to check out my rendition of "Forget you" by CeeLo you can on mu YouTube channel (I hope to post one that is better quality soon!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhixlsGUrs

After a 5 hour wait in the airport, a 30 minute delay and a 4 hour flight, I finally landed in Alberta. Let me just say it is FREEZING. I went from -2/0 to -24 degree Celsius!


I just spent the entire day alone (my boyfriend works 8-5), so it gets pretty boring. But I am sure I will have some adventures to share soon. 

Oh also because I now have no more frog photos here a picture of me using the "Frog" effect, see what I did there. 


Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment