Friday 7 August 2015

Getting started: Fontainebleau

How the last day of school went, is exactly how my last week went.

The kids were excited to get out of school; I was excited to be finishing work, have my boyfriend come, and start our eurotrip. 

However the kids were saying goodbye to their friends who they might not see all summer; I had to say goodbye to the most wonderful family I could have chosen to aupair for.

In the car on the way back Connie says to her little sister “We’ll miss you Anastasia”. So many feels!
During the week I was also meeting with people for goodbye’s before either they or I would part ways.



But saying goodbye to some could be saying hello to others. My boyfriend was finally coming into Paris that night.
So my lovely Russian pal and I headed over to Paris to pick him up at the Gare du Nord train station. 

The next morning felt like any other morning just with an extra person to love. The girls were very excited to meet “mon amoureaux” and even more excited to receive maple syrup. 

We have some maple syrup fanatics.


Then it was time to head out and explore Fontainebleau.

Now on the way there something scary and embarrassing that happened that I don’t like to talk about (do not ask Dennis, his version is untruthful!). But lets just say suburban French people are the loveliest when it comes to a crisis!



The next day my host family invited us over to go canoeing.
Little did we know this trip would be a near death experience (exaggeration may apply).

After our first little “rafty” journey of going down some rocks we cracked our canoe. Inevitably we slowly started sinking as we continued our journey along the river. Little did I know (and was continued to be told the contrary to stop a panicky situation) was that our canoe wasn’t sinking that slowly. Turns out when we docked our canoe was so heavy with water that Dennis, who was in the back, was less than an inch away from the water.

After this courageous trip we all went to a restaurant situated in the forest. This was my most favourite restaurant I have been in. The food was really spectacular! We chatted a lot with the family of some fond memories, as well as, our future plans. This unfortunately was our last big meal before Dennis and I officially headed off to our next stop, Paris.


I miss the girls already, leaving the empty room was so depressing , saying goodbye to the girls was even worse. But I was promised letters and drawings in the mail, so there is always that to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment