Wednesday 21 January 2015

Jet-lagged

Nothing beats a kicking and crying devil baby like last time on the plane, but this time I just could not sleep no matter how tired I was. I was just very uncomfortable. But I did meet a lovely asian man who sat beside me, as well as a cool American girl in the airport which made the wait much more bearable.

It also took me about an hour to get my luggage... After the first two rounds of luggage (each 20 minutes apart) I started to have a panic attack (not really, but used her for enthusiasm) that my luggage was gone, finito, never to be seen again. And then I saw it, the tiny (yes I took the smallest suitcase this time around), grey, plaid suitcase on the TV and out it came! I then went to meet Papi (grandpa) to pick me up and drive me home.

He speaks french 99.9% of the time but is very proud of the handful of words he knows in English. So a lot of the time I just say "Oui" or "ooh" when I don't understand what he says, because there is just really no way of me understanding some of his words without a dictionary (he tries, and to avoid awkward minutes of me still not understand, I just say "ok" and nod).

Once I got home, I pretty much immediately passed out... for 5-6 hours... I woke up about 3 times and would fall asleep each time mid-text (I kept waking up with my phone in my hand and being a bit confused, until I remembered what I was trying to do - trying to text Den den and my mom that i've finally woke up... which was false 2/3 times). I woke up at 8:30pm which was just in time for everyone to be home, and dinner to be served.

Luckily the girls stayed at their grandparents Tuesday-Wednesday so I had the night and morning off.

After my long "nap" I could only go back to sleep at 2:30am, and then slept till noon the next day - don't you just love jet-lag.

I got to see the girls in the evening when I was picking them up with my host mom. They were so happy and excited to see me!! I felt so much love, it was really wonderful. I had day dreams of them hating the fact that I came, or being indifferent to the fact that I am here. But they weren't! And from the looks of it they really enjoyed my presents for them.

Well all is good so far. Tomorrow I just right into work, with a full day's of work, should be fun!

Bonne nuit et bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment