Saturday 15 November 2014

Clowning around in Germany.

Welcome to Germany, where 50% of the population speaks Russian. It was so wonderful, while I could not communicate with people in their foreign language I could still communicate with them in something other than English. 

Getting to Germany was a breeze. Although my ears have never hurt so much during landing.

My first impression of Germany: “wow this country is so clean!”. Seriously it was spotless! Although they could make their transport a little cheaper… seriously 30 euros for a train ticket for a whole day! Compare that to France prices, which are 9 euros for the whole day (maximum 16 euros if you are over 25) – this is all within a region; I don’t even want to know how expensive it would be to travel in Germany into different regions.

My first trip was to Düsseldorf. That was where I landed so my friend – whom I met while au paring in France – thought it was a good idea to stay there and explore. The city was very nice. We went on a spinny wheel thing (not sure how to call it, but it’s a mini version of the London Eye) so we could see the city from a view.




The day after was Halloween! Yes a got to spend this wonderful day in Germany. Although first my friend and I explored Paderborn – a small student village “ish”. We did visit a beautiful church. 


Getting ready for Halloween was nice and easy considering I had packed all I was going to wear – the beauty of travelling all your outfits are ready for you. Guess what I went as.


We went out to a German student house party, which was awesome. Confetti was everywhere – thanks to me, but no one has to know that.


Party was amazing, people I met where even better! I had a lot of fun, I don’t believe I’ve yet had this much fun going out in Europe. I can’t wait to come back to Germany!

The next day, after sleeping in for quite some time, my friend and I headed of to Köln (pronounced Cologne in English), which is one of my favourite cities so far! It even has a bridge with locks, similar to the one in Paris. Cologne is a beautiful city, I wish I could go back.





All in all, my time in Germany was fantastic, I really enjoyed the new places and the lovely people I’ve met.


Also a new post on chocolate will come soon.. maybe tomorrow. The more things that have happened to me that I haven’t posted yet the lazier I am to write about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment