Tuesday 19 August 2014

Goodbye love, hello panic.

Tomorrow I leave Alberta. I don't really like Alberta, it doesn't have my friends, my family, and my regular favourite places. However, there is one thing that it has that matters the most to me, that makes my heart break every time I leave this province. It is my boyfriend. We have been in a long distance relationship for 1 year (2+ years together). Now with me moving to France for a year, that is another year of long distance.

The short is: long distance sucks. The greatest advice I can give anyone that is in a long distance relationship is: Keep yourself busy!
This doesn't mean keep yourself busy with continuously annoying your significant other, it means: find your own hobby! Preferably more than one hobby.

The first year I had my fifth year of University left, which included my thesis. I was super busy. He works here, so he is obviously very busy. However we obviously run into many more conflicts, miscommunications, and other ugly things that come along in long distance relationships.

I hope this year will be better than the last.

We'll see each other in December for New Years. Then hopefully again in Europe over the summer.

While I am excited for France, it doesn't feel like I am right now. Instead I am sad and lonely.

I hate airports, because it is a tear fest.


No comments:

Post a Comment