Thursday 25 July 2013

Off to see the city lights

Well not really a city, and there wont be very many lights.

Me and three other of my friends from my field station are heading to the closest town for dinner to celebrate/ say goodbye due to me leaving on Saturday.
Later tonight we shall be having a bonfire which is lovely.

Frog wise:

Lets see. I have been finding some toads (Bufo americanus) in the woods on the trails I take to get to some of my sampling sites! They are quite adorable. Although the very first one I picked up tried to poison me (they have glands on their backs which secrete poison to evade predators).

I definitely do not want to leave this place. This is cottage life, but with lots of frogs! I could not ask for anything better.

But soon I will be back in lab and having to do lots of writing and researching. Doesn't sound as fun as frolicking in the woods looking for frogs but I must do it.

P.S I apologize for my previous post. I am still freaking out just on the inside. I still haven't solved the conflict.... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment